Hotdog. You know that annoying James Coney Island song "Hotdoggin' it. Hot Hotdoggin' it"? Well, it got stuck in my head today and as I was getting Cate ready for bed tonight I started to sing it. And she said "hotdog". She has done this before. (I get that song in my head every time I hear that stupid commercial!) But it was a couple of months ago and I just thought it was a fluke...but then she did it again tonight and it blew me away. Now I am not some crazy chick...I realize that she has no idea what a hotdog is but she was mimicking me which I think is pretty cool. STILL NO MAMA THOUGH!!!!
She is really into mimicking these days. If you shake your head left to right, she does too. I love it. She bats her eyes, smiles really big and shakes. It sort of looks like she is flirting with you. Uh oh.
On another note, we got in trouble for Sue gaining too much weight. It must be all the baby food he gets. (And the cookies, turkey sammys, etc.) Poor boy. He is in for a rude awakening...if we would ever start following his new restricted diet.
Sorry no recent pictures. I have really slacked off. We are going to a new playgroup tomorrow and I will take my camera! It is at Savannah Ross' house so I am SURE lots of cameras will be out and about.
Have a great night.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Momma can be very hard for babies to say. My kids didn't even talk before they were 1. And they said many other things before they said momma. Don't worry... although, this is the one who took Elle to the Early Childhood speech therapist when she was 3 because I didn't think she was saying enough words! Oh well, I guess it is something we all go through!!
Get some pictures up! Just kidding, I know how it is. I will take some when we have our Houston playdate and put them on my site :). I can't wait to see Cate!
Post a Comment