I have a new daughter and she is completely different from the sweet, smile at everyone daughter I had just three short weeks ago...this one throws temper-tantrums, and whines...um, what do I do? My mother is probably smiling thinking 'what goes around comes around' but I am chosing not to look at it that way. (I was a particularly difficult child - a complete 180 from my sister. I swore I was hatched from an egg and in no need of parental figures.) I choose to see it as just her personality and it will be my goal to figure out how to get along with her. The daughter of our pastor is a bit of a challenge and I have experienced from teaching Sunday School that she does better when you don't tell her "No" but rather tell her what she can do...instead of "don't jump on the bed" you'd say - "go run in the backyard!"
So tonight when it came time for her bath, I grabbed two wash cloths. One for Cate and one for me to wash her with. Last night was particularly difficult when she would get hysterical whenever I tried to take the ONE we had in the tub...so I tried the two approach. So far, so good.
Other than this new side of personality showing up, things are going great. I am still enjoying staying at home and am really cherishing being here for her. She is growing so much. She has slowed down on her weight gain which is a little nerve racking but she is tall. I can't wait to go for her 9 month check-up to see what her official stats are.
Let's see, what else? I have been able to stay at home because of odd jobs here and there that I have taken on. Well, I have been so busy that I am making it official. I have hired a dear friend to design a website and soon, you will be able to find me at http://www.adriennecollins.com/. All of my experience is in commercial real estate and wills and trusts so that's what I will stick to. I am so excited and now looking for a mother's day out program for Cate to attend while I work. We are on the waiting list at First Baptist and would love any suggestions from you. As my website isn't up and running yet, it will be soon! If you or anyone you may know needs a will or trust or any real estate help, I would be honored to help.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment