I can't believe Mates will be eight months old tomorrow. Sometimes I am still so amazed that I have a child. It just blows my mind. She has changed so much in the last month. She is outgoing, interactive, vocal and inquisitive. Let's see...just today we bought Cate a walker. She is on the move and showing no signs of slowing down. She refuses to stay in one place or even on her behind. Once she learned to pull herself up to standing on her own (which she started doing at 7 months) that is all she wants to do. She pulls herself up in her crib, on her toys (even if they are only 2 inches tall) and on anything she can get her hands on. Just two days ago, I even caught her standing without holding on to anything. She quickly fell to sitting but STILL!!! Her favorite word is "dada" although I don't think she knows what it means. She calls everything "dada". But, she does know the word "dog." Her version sounds more like "dawg." I am a little hurt that she hasn't even mumbled "mama" but oh well...she is far exceeding our expectations in everything else.
Cate isn't much of a laugher although she is HILARIOUS. She makes these faces and noises that have everyone else around her in stitches and then she stops and gives you this look as if to say "I know. I'm funny." What really blows my mind is that she is so much of an individual already and she is only 8-months-old. Wow.
She is an awesome sleeper. It has taken us a while to get here and now that we are here: PRAISE GOD!!!! Let's see. She sleeps for 1.5 to 2 hours every morning and afternoon. Just today she took a three hour siesta which means I got to partake in the fun too. Woohoo!
Although it's a day-to-day decision, Chad and I have decided I will stay home with Cate full time. I love it and feel so grateful to be here. Of course in today's economy anything could happen and I could find myself needing full-time employment again very soon. That's why it's a day-to-day thing. I am doing a lot of Wills and Trusts on the side and that helps a lot. I am so grateful I have a license that will enable me to earn some money on the side.
Well, I'm off...hopefully more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment